Saturday, January 15

life in a nutshell

A big Hi! to all you fellow bloggers, inquisitive others, and those that know me. I haven’t blogged for a long time and I am actually just trying to remember how to make this stuff actually work but here we go.

You will have noticed if you have read any of my previous blogs that I am a Christian and a proud one at that. Some have said that God has given me the gift of writing and, while this may be true, I do not find it to be the easiest thing in the world. I think the easiest thing in the world would have to be playing "Minesweeper" on custom mode with 100 squares and only 10 mines--but that's another story altogether. I don’t find writing the easiest thing in the world because it involves putting your thoughts and ideas, your life out there for all to see and judge as they feel is appropriate to them. If, however God has given me a knack for writing, then it would be sinful of me not to use it for its God-intended purpose--His glory. Now, given that my writing is for His glory, then I must be open and honest with you as readers. This is my journey over the past months.

You may or may not know about my struggles with trusting God. Actually I struggle more with the practical side of trust than the intellectual side. For example, I know that God has the perfect plan for relationships and my life, however I still find myself chasing after things that I know are not in His plan for me. I indulge these thoughts for longer than I know I should because I am not strong enough in my trust to let God do the thinking for me. What I mean to say is that I need to let his plan be sufficient for me and cease my attempts to go my own way. Often I am caught by God going my own way which is in fact the way that Satan paved. Recently, just in the last week I was well down that Satan-paved road. I had long ago passed the towns no the metropolises of wandering eyes and impure thoughts. And had come to a place that I knew all too well before I realized where the signposts were telling me the road was going. Satan has a way of blinding us to the signposts. Thanks go to God for taking my blindfold off. When you are in a place like the one I was in and am ever only a step away from, it becomes incredibly easy to think that God has given up on you and the tragedy is that many people believe it. Imagine for a second what the world would look like if God DID give up on everyone the first time that they stumbled! One word. Hell.

God says in his word the bible, "[I] will NEVER leave you..." (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8).
Now, you may not believe a word that the Bible says, you might think that it is all a pile of bull plop imagined by people thousands of years ago. If that's you then let me say from my experience and my life and my journey, that he has never left me, he has never let me down and believe me I’ve let him down!
God will never leave you. He will never let you down despite the number of time you let him down. He will never turn his back, block his ears, shut his mouth, withdraw his touch; he will never leave you. Why would He? You are his Creation. You are his treasure, his child, his pride and joy. You are what He's searching for, 24-7, he has been looking forward to the moment of your birth since infinity-past, he still looks forward to the moment that you take his hand for the first time in trust. He loves you more than anything and wants only the very best for you. His one desire is that you love him back.
You may think right now that you are too far-gone for God to love you, that you just done too much wrong and that the best you can hope for is mediocre. Have you heard that Jesus, (God's son) died for you? Think about that just for a second-- God, infinite, all knowing, all powerful, created-the-universe, God, sends His son from Heaven to earth, to live with us, to help and heal us, to love us like we've never known, to be killed by us, all for us. If you were the only one on earth the whole earth was yours, then god would still have sent Jesus for you. He still would have loved you healed and helped you. You would have been the one to turn against him;
you would have been the one to hammer those nails through his wrists and feet. You would have killed him. But He would still have loved you, shown you grace and mercy. {Grace=being given something you don’t deserve--forgiveness and love, eternal life}{Mercy=not being given something that you do deserve--hell}. BUT...


The beauty of this story is that the story doesnt end when the Hero dies. Jesus didnt just die for you but he came back to life (a fact witnessed by over five hundred people) and lived for forty days before he ascended to Heaven. this is where your new life comes in. because Jesus died and then came back to life three days later, death's hold on humanity was and is still broken and, as a result of death having no hold on us and God's grace in allowing us to be forgiven we now have the opportunity to live forever.


Jesus is holding his hand out to you right now. In his hand are things so wonderful that words have not been invented that can describe them. They are things such as love that cannot be earned and cannot be stopped, forgiveness that is so unmerited and yet so free flowing, life that can only be given by the one who conquered it (who is also the one who created it) life that is blessed with the peace and security that cannot be found anywhere in the world, life that is never ending. All that he wants you to do is to take that hand and hold on tight. The ride will be hard at times, and you may fee like giving up. You may see the road that leads to hell and be seduced by it's "luxury" but hold onto that hand of god tightly and you will never come to harm.

If you choose not to take his hand now, then he will still be there right beside you gently urging you to. Let me tell you one thing though before you choose this road. You may think that you can get through this life without Jesus in your life and you can die at the end of your life and say "see I did it" but this life doesn’t last for eternity. It is only temporary. Heaven is eternal and hell is eternal. Here’s a hint choose heaven. Now. You might die tomorrow having never made this decision and wind up in hell.

No comments: