Thursday, June 17

He's got the whole world...

I was taking to girl in year 11 who has recently become a Christian, at the local high school today and she was telling me how, on the day that she became a Christian, there were several things that were going on in her life that she felt were overwhelming her and she was contemplating suicide. So I began to encourage her and just give her some examples from my life and faith, and some godly principles that could help her in her newly established walk with God.
As far as I know, that girl walked out of that room into her school again, feeling encouraged, even if only slightly.
It wasn't till I was having my quiet time in the new prayer room back at my office that the children's song came to my head, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands," and then and only then did that song strike me with the full significance of its lyrics. God truly does have the whole world in His hands. Even people who don't as yet know God and only have some idea that something is out there, He has them in His hands, protecting them and guiding them and leading them to a place of safety and comfort in Him.
I truly feel that God lead her to that room that day so that she could know that God and other people cares and genuinely loves and wants the best for HER. That girl needed that message that day or she might have run out of time to hear it. God in His amazing way is not only the Saviour of that girl's soul, He is the Saviour of her life.

Jeremiah 29:12-13 "In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you," says the LORD.

No comments: